Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Gift of the Magi


This is a story of the day I moved.

Our cafe started the coffee tickets service. The costomer pay for 10 tickets but 1 sheet has 11 tickets.
We keep their tickets on the wall.When costomers want to pay by tickets,they tear up 1 ticket by themself.

One of the costomer who got tickets sent message on his facebook this morning. He said his mother and her friends,who visit him, from western Japan might visit us today. He wants to use his tickets for her coffee.

We were looking foward to seeing woman who is mother of our friend.
Then she came in the afternoon. Drank coffee.
When she was leaving,she said she wanted to get the tickets.
We told her "your son already pay for the coffee by tickets."
She said,"I know,but I want to get those tickets for my son."

I rememered the story of O.Henry. The husband sold his watch to get comb for his wife,and the wife sold her hair to get chain for husband's watch.
I know that is not exactly the same but there is full of consideration toward each other.

Eventhough he still have 5 tickets but he already get next sheet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment