Wednesday, March 23, 2011


The sky of the day. When I stop to the signal,I found the road sign was just above me.



It's Wednesday.So the cafe is closed. Then I took a train as usual. You can see the motorman from the small window left side of the picture.



It was the first time to go outside since the disaster. I could be far away from the neuclear plant for awhile.



We finally found the gas station to open then made a success of filling gas.









This beautiful picture I found is Matsushima. (before disaster)
Matsushima is regarded as one of the three most scenic locations in Japan.Matsushima,which means "Pine Island" is distinguished by its many small pine-covered islands. The harmony between islands and sea creates breathtaking beauty which is outstanding in any season or weather.



That is explanation about Matsushima.

I regret not telling you about those beautiful scenic places before those place were swept away..
I started the blog because I wanted you to know about my country but I have neglected to tell...



I'd like to share one story today.


In Ozuchi-town,Iwate, over 1,000 people death or missing area, 28 local fire fighters stayed on the coast to help people to evacuate.One of them kept ringing a fire bell.


When the earthquake happened,the fire fighters rushed to shut the gate of the breakwater.57 year-old man told one of his colleague to sound a siren.The colleague push the button of the siren.
It didn't work.
Because of M9.0,the area lost power.

For smooth evacuation,Tunami alert was still necessary.

The man let colleague go help the people then he climed up on the roof of the building then rang the fire bell by hand which is used for only at the time of a great disaster.
The bell was ringing until the Tunami engulfed the fire department building.
He must watch the Tunami came from the sea..,one of his colleague said.
4 of them confirmed dead,7 still missing.



No comments:

Post a Comment